ISIA Stamp Qualification
Ski and Snowboard pathway:
- Level 3 ski or snowboard
- Children’s Cert
- 2nd discipline at NZSIA/SBINZ Level 1 (ski/snowboard/telemark/adaptive)
- ISIA Stamp Avalanche Awareness Course
- First Aid course (St. Johns, Red Cross, or equivalent)
- 2nd language test
- Freeski/Snowboard Freestyle Level 1
- Online modules (click link to start test): History and culture, Nature and Environment, Tourism
Once ISIA Stamp Status has been achieved further training update days must be completed each year to retain the stamp. Training of more than one day will update for two years.
Course outlines for the above modules are available upon request or through the website.
ISIA Card qualification.
This is the highest level of international qualification available through ISIA and places the NZSIA among the leading snowsports instruction nations in the world. Our international recognition through ISIA is a vital component of our goal, “To be a global leader in snowsports instruction,” and the creation of an ISIA Card qualification in 2012 aligns well with this goal. A card qualification operates in addition to the stamp level of qualification and does not replace it. This will allow NZSIA instructors to choose the level of ISIA certification they wish to pursue.
ISIA Card Pathway:
- ISIA Stamp
- Trainer’s Certification
- ISIA Card Level Advanced Avalanche Awareness and Mountain Safety Course (or Avalanche 1)
- ISIA Speed Test