Part Time Instructor position with ISIA Training Program
Matterhorn Diamonds Ski School in Zermatt, is looking for Ski Instructors of Level 2 NZSIA or equivalent, to join our team on our programme towards the ISIA status. The Link: Diamonds Training Centre
You enjoy a people-facing role, skiing and making the difference to a client’s holiday from good to great. You value professionalism, courtesy, and punctuality. You have a friendly, outgoing and positive attitude. Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills required. Strong team player
You have Level 2 NZSIA or equivalent and preferably at least 1 year experience of snowsport instruction and up to date and current First Aid qualification is required.
You are looking to develop your current ski instructor skills to work towards the next level of qualifications
Teaching skiing in a fun and safe manner to clients of all backgrounds, and all ages.
Enabling clients achieve their goals
Ensuring you assist all clients and guests around the village in a friendly, informative and courteous manner
Availability to work 7 days a week in the peak weeks, with occasional evening and weekend work
A complete ISIA training programme: Our training program is run in Zermatt throughout the winter season, from December to April.
The aim of the program is to educate the next generation of instructors, people that we would be proud to have in our school; Matterhorn Diamonds, for their professionalism and knowledge of the ski industry. To do that we have gathered a team of coaches with a broad experience in the areas of the ski teaching, coaching and business management.
Our aim is to make you progress in your skiing and ski career, and going above and beyond what is required for the ISIA modules. With this in mind we have created a package that is different from anything else you find.
- Over 200 hrs of training
- Small training team
- ISIA Tech and Teach-specific training including periodic video analysis sessions and ski service demonstration
- Off-piste and mountain safety training with specialised coaches/guides
- Second discipline training with qualified trainers and Swiss experts
- Race training and Freestyle sessions
- Professionally-run languages lessons
- Indoor training sessions with a qualified Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Lectures on Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning training programs, Customer Care and Communication Techniques
- Lectures on Anatomy and Biomechanics run by our qualified Physiotherapist and University Lecturer
Best teaching wage for this qualification level in Zermatt
Other benefits include a uniform, unlimited skiing and snowboarding, pro-deals on equipment
Pre-season dryland training programmes
After season assistance with CVs and references
Pastoral care; assistance in finding additional part time work
Pastoral care; assistance in finding additional part time work and in finding accommodation
If this sounds like the right place for you, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply to [email protected]