SKI & BOARD SCHOOL INSTRUCTOR
Snowplanet (www.snowplanet.co.nz) is the southern hemisphere’s only indoor real-snow destination, offering a unique snow sports experience only 20 minutes north of Auckland. The following diagram presents its internal vision and mission.
Our principal objective:
To be Auckland’s favorite leisure destination
What we need to do to get there:
Sharing awesome snow experiences 365 days a year
The following values must be embodied by all Snowplanet team members for the achievement of our mission:
- Passion for snow
- Friendly service with a difference
- Commitment to having fun together
- Listen and improve
- Desire to share the experience
- Providing a safe, clean and appealing environment
You are responsible for planning and delivering an appropriate range of lessons and programs for individuals and groups. You will use opening questioning techniques to identify customer’s abilities, and will tailor your lessons to suit; teaching the relevant skills and techniques to Ski and Board School customers. Providing outstanding customer service, your communication skills will be excellent. You will be a people person with extensive knowledge and experience in snow sports. You will enjoy a fast paced environment, and will be able to strive in an area with continual changes. You will be passionate about snow sports, and strive to share this with your clients.
You must be flexible in your approach to work, and have the capacity to multi task. You must be able to work under your own initiative and be able to problem solve. As part of our Ski and Board School Team, you will work closely with our Resort Team, to ensure a seamless customer journey.
An NZSIA/SBINZ qualification (or overseas equivalent) is desirable as is the ability to speak in languages other than English.
Key Result Areas:
- Proactively greet and welcome all Ski & Board School guests to Snowplanet in a friendly and efficient way
- Maintain a full knowledge of all products and specials to ensure all guests receive accurate information.
- Actively seek Net Promoter Score (NPS) feedback from all guests. Use this information to implement change for improvement.
- Consistently deliver lessons in a fun and informative way
- Provide feedback/goals to parents and/or guardians regularly. Ensure you provide opportunities for parents and/or guardians to communicate and ask questions
- Be fully conversant with the ‘Green 4’ scheduler, using this to accurately check rosters, daily bookings, and assigned lessons in an accurate manner to avoid operational issues and customer disappointment.
- Actively engage and confirm rosters and bookings via Snowplanet’s instructor portal.
- Actively engaging customers in conversation and use open questioning techniques to determine their needs, whilst identifying opportunities to up sell.
- Seamless daily communication with our Resort Team and Ski & Board School Supervisors and Managers as required for same day bookings.
- Respond to customer emails and telephone enquires where required in a professional manner answering all questions with the accurate information.
- Proactively communicate with the Duty Manager Team with any relevant information during your working day.
- Keep up to date with all communication on the Ski & Board School social media departmental page. Post updates on relevant information as required.
- Being prepared at the start of your working day, fully understanding any group bookings that will be arriving, and their specific needs enabling excellent customer service
- Fully understanding and implementing the specific controls regarding school supervision whilst on snow
- Being fully conversant with all childrens party products, and being able to provide information on these to all guests.
Health & Safety
- Actively question any unsafe working practices and provide operational improvements
- Report any risks, hazards, near misses or accidents on People Safe
- Know what to do in the case of emergency.
- Maintain a clean and tidy and safe working environment, demonstrating consistently high standards
- Participate in training, learning activities and professional development as required.
- Continue to develop teaching and personal skiing/snowboarding skills
- Comply with all Snowplanet company policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as requested within your rang of competency by Snowplanet
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining key relationships, including:
- Director of Snowsports
- Assistant Ski & Board School Managers
- Resort Manager
- Duty Managers
- Resort Team
- Ski & Board School Team
- Group booking contacts (schools etc)
Director of Snowsports
Assistant Ski and Board School Managers
- Clear communicator
- Great listener
- Superior skiing/snowboarding skills
- Works proactively under own initiative
- A good work ethic
- Experience in dealing with the public
- Works well with others
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Empathy, patience and consistency
- The ability to work outside of school hours including weekends is desirable
To apply, please contact:
Brad Aylwin – email: [email protected]
Director of Snow Sports