Ski Instructors – Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 (2021/22 season)
Mt Seymour requires enthusiastic, friendly, and highly motivated instructors to join our team for the 2021-2022 Winter Season to share their passion for skiing with our guests.
Our resort is located in North Vancouver, just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and is known as Vancouver’s place to learn to ski and ride. Our Snow School provides a fun and professional atmosphere in which to work with a culture of progression.
Mt Seymour hosts a great backcountry, world-class terrain parks, a state-of-the-art covered Magic Carpet and an array of ski and snowboard events.
We offer competitive wages and instructor incentives, as well as a range of industry perks and resort discounts. We also provide regular instructor training sessions to help develop our team. Potential for staff housing
These are seasonal full-time positions (20-40 hours per week), with extra work during peak operating periods. Season is December to Mid-April, with Orientation training in late November.
Instructors are responsible for providing a great learning experience to our guests, a large proportion of whom are children.
Title: Ski Instructor
Department: Snow School
Reports To: Instructor Supervisors & Snow School Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
Instructors are employed to teach guests to ski according to the standards of the Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance (CSIA) in a safe and fun environment. Instructors are expected to behave in a professional manner at all times as they are dressed in uniform and are role models for all guests and staff. Instructors are expected to be available to work weekends and holidays, these being our busiest periods.
- Compliance with all Mt Seymour policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Commitment to the Snow School Mission Statement and core values (Safety, Fun, and Learning)
- Teach skiing lessons according to the current CSIA standards.
- Setup and fitting of rental gear for lesson participants.
- Maintenance and installation of terrain park features and safety equipment.
- Providing support and leadership to visiting groups and schools in outdoor programs.
- Responsible for safety of each guest in the instructor’s care (Duty of Care).
- Be knowledgeable of and teach the variety of lessons that Mt Seymour offers.
- Assist with the organizing of ski and snowboard lessons (aid time).
- Be knowledgeable of and teach the Alpine Responsibility Code.
- Check in and out every shift.
- Log all class and student information accurately on Snow School class cards.
- Enter all hours worked accurately into the payroll system.
- Issue progress cards (multi-day) or business cards (single day) for lessons when appropriate.
- To be knowledgeable of current equipment, technique, and teaching methodology by attending regular instructor training.
- Be in constant communication with Supervisors, Lesson Desk, and co-workers.
- Other related duties as required (as related to other departments and aid time).
- CSIA Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 or equivalent certification.
- Some previous teaching experience.
- Excellent communication and guest services skills.
- Personable and helpful.
- Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
Level 1 $16.50 per hour
Level 2: $19.00 per hour
Level 3: $22.00 per hour
Premiums for dual certification and park certification as well as private request lessons. Complimentary season’s pass and shuttle bus pass provided.
If teaching for Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume, covering letter and copy of your certifications to Helen Price, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the on-line application form. We start our recruitment process for the 2021-2022 season in June!