NZSIA – Ski Divisional Manager – Full time – Fixed Term: 10 months
APPLY NOW and take up this great opportunity to join the leadership team at NZSIA in the role of Ski Divisional Manager.
The NZSIA has been training and qualifying NZ Snowsports instructors since 1971 and is recognised internationally for producing professional and knowledgeable instructors able to teach and perform on snow at a high standard.
Our mission is to deliver with excellence, internationally recognised Snowsports qualifications and professional development.
We are looking for a professional and experienced leader who is capable of leading by example using our values to provide a culture of welcoming, inspiring and safe Snowsports experiences.
With a genuine interest in the training and professional development of instructors you will need to be connected with Snowsports in NZ & internationally, be organised and efficient and demonstrate an ability to relate and think beyond the day to day. The role requires someone who has a real stoke and passion for Snowsports and can display an awareness, sensitivity and commitment to the diversity of our membership.
As Ski Divisional Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading and inspiring a team of Snowsport professionals to deliver world class Snowsports qualifications and training
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the NZSIA
- Communicating effectively and timely to committee, administration and board
- Working with the committee to lead the technical direction of the division and develop work-ready trainers training
- Promoting safe work practices, ensuring Health and Safety compliance with identifying and managing all areas of risk
- Building staff capabilities and professional development pathways
- Effective management of staff including performance management, scheduling and travel
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships with resorts and Snowsports managers
- Regular communication and working effectively with the Northern Hemisphere Manager
- Ensuring assessment of candidates is carried out in a consistent, fair and impartial manner
- Following timelines to set course dates and staff appropriately
Eligibility to apply:
- NZSIA examiner (Current or previous NZSIA examiner eligible)
- Must be eligible to work in New Zealand
The position includes the use of a company vehicle and allowances for equipment, laptop and phone.
Hours are 40 per week, generally worked between 8am and 5pm and can be worked flexibly across seven days to meet the needs of the role from week to week.
For more information, to receive a full copy of the position description or to apply please email Cilla at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 18th Nov 5pm