Snow School Supervisor – Ski
Mt Seymour is hiring for an On-Snow Supervisor (Ski) to join our team. The position will commence in November and run until April.
Our resort is located in North Vancouver, just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and is known as Vancouver’s place to learn to ski and ride. Our Snow School provides a fun and professional atmosphere in which to work with a culture of progression that you will be instrumental in delivering.
Mt Seymour hosts a great backcountry, world-class terrain parks, a state of the art, covered Magic Carpet and an array of ski and snowboard events.
The On-Snow Supervisor (Ski) reports to the Snow School Manager and is responsible for assisting with the coordination and operation of Mt Seymour’s Snow School.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The On-Snow Supervisor (Ski) is responsible for assisting the Snow School Manager and Snow School Supervisor (Snowboard) with overseeing the successful operations of the Snow School and delivering on and off snow ski sessions throughout the season.
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s mandate of ‘To provide fun, safe and enriching experiences to guests and staff by providing professional and efficient customer service, progressive programs and appropriate facilities that will enhance the authentic Mt Seymour family tradition’.
- Oversee all Snow School programs, ensuring that lesson content is high in quality and standards.
- Assist in the development and execution of promotions for Snow School lesson programs.
- Work closely with the Lesson Registration Coordinator to facilitate the successful registration of lessons. Provide direction on lesson availability, capacity and restrictions.
- Assist with the planning and execution of an efficient and effective training and development plan for instructors.
- Ensure instructor compliance with mountain and department policies outlined in training.
- Liaise with the volunteer program and ensure it meets Department needs.
- Maintain accurate statistics and performance reports for all lesson programs.
- Regularly review registration numbers and program capacity.
- Make sure that all hours are verified, and payroll is successfully submitted to Human Resources.
- Ensure an efficient system is in place that coordinates all schools, camps and group bookings with the schedule and facilitate communication as required.
- Assist with departmental Human Resources issues.
- Assist with lesson instruction as required.
- Checking-in and -out students (Duty of Care)
- Handling guests’ questions and concerns in a mutually beneficial manner.
- Supervising instructors.
- Making sure that all class cards and report cards are correctly and accurately completed by instructors and all aid-time is initialed.
- Work with coordinators to ensure all schools and camp lessons run smoothly.
- Liaise with Rentals to ensure equipment is properly prepared for lessons each day.
- Work with Scheduling Supervisor to complete various administrative tasks including start-up and termination packages, managing staff uniforms and lockers, etc.
- Minimum CSIA 3 or equivalent, ideally dual certified.
- Progressive experience within the Ski & Snowboard industry, with a minimum of one year in a supervisory/management position.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relations with guests and encourage student retention.
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills, work, excel, outlook etc
- Goal orientated with excellent time management abilities, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong team leader, with the ability to keep staff motivated and focused.
- Excellent guest service skills; previous customer service experience and asset.
Terms of Employment:
- Salaried Position
- Seasonal November thru April.
If working for Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume, covering letter and copy of your certifications to Helen Price, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com or complete the on-line application form. We start our recruitment process for the 2019-2020 season in June!
Also check out our hiring video for a look at what working at Mt Seymour is all about.