Madarao and Tangram is the fastest growing international resort in Japan yet still offers small crowds on countless powder days with an annual snowfall of 10 to 14 metres. Active Life Japan are now hiring their instructors for the 2019/2020 season!
Job Title: Ski / Snowboard Instructor
Location: Madarao Kogen Resort, Nagano, Japan
Employer: Active Life Japan
Start Date: 23 December 2019
Active Life Snow Club (ALSC) is looking for both female and male instructors between mid-December 2019 and mid-February 2020. Fluent English is mandatory while the ability to teach in a second language (Mandarin, Cantonese, Thai, Japanese), highly beneficial.
For the 2019/2020 season, in addition to our complimentary all-day kids’ lessons and level 1-3 group lessons for guests, ALSC is offering paid private lessons, advanced group lessons and inbound guided tours of Madarao for all Active Life guests, meaning more opportunities for our instructors to earn a high level of pay while honing their teaching experience.
You must possess a minimum level 1 certification within an internationally governed (ISIA) system. We are looking for people who are highly safety conscious, have a sense of humour and possess a high level of emotional intelligence, integrity and attention to detail.
Must be open to cross-training across other functions and fill in other functions across the hotels as required. There will be additional work available for outstanding candidates, including within other functions and after mid/late February.
For more information about us including other roles available, please visit our website.
Our instructor package includes:
- Season’s pass to Madarao Resort
- Very competitive base rate of pay
- Accommodation and food (breakfast and lunch) as part of a work-away arrangement
- Accommodation is twin rooms, shared bathrooms, unlimited wifi, access to within 3-5 mins from the resort (often ski in/out)
- Complimentary access to our daily (mon-fri) inter-resort shuttle on day’s off (going to all of Myoko, Lotte Arai, X-Jam, Kijimadaira Ski Resort, Ryuu Resort, Nozawa Onsen)
- Tiered hourly rates based on lesson types guided inbound tours
- Further instructing (and other) work into March, for outstanding instructors
- NZSIA, ISIA L1 (or equivalent) Instructor Certification
- First Aid Qualification
- No criminal convictions
- Must be eligible and able to acquire your own Working holiday Visa to Japan
- Valid Passport
How to Apply: If you are interested in joining the Active Life team for 2019/20, please email your CV, along with a cover letter, to [email protected] (Subject must be: ALSC Instructor Employment). We will contact successful applicants to arrange an interview in due course.
Madarao Resort: http://www.madarao.jp/en