Interested in teaching skiing or snowboarding in China?
Thaiwoo International Sports Academy is now looking for qualified and experienced ski instructors for the upcoming winter season.
Thaiwoo Ski Resort is located in Chongli District of Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province, China. This area is recognized worldwide as a “Golden Zone for Alpine Skiing” within NL 40°-50° and is also where the core area of the 2022 Olympic Winter Games is located. The Resort is master planned by Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners, the venue planner of five OWGs. Thaiwoo Ski Resort has a land area of 400 ha, and about 200 ski trails planned which add up to a total length of 138 km. As of now, 31 ski trails adding up to 20 km have been developed, with a snow-making area of 72 hectares.
Thaiwoo International Sports Academy is operated by Thaiwoo Ski Resort, adhering to the concept of “integrating skiing into life, enjoying outdoor sports happily and safely” and following an “individualized, step-by-step and edutainment” teaching approach. After 4 years of operation, Thaiwoo International Sports Academy has more than 300 domestic and international instructors. From the very beginning of its service, Thaiwoo International Sports Academy is committed to the goal of “building an international top-tier teaching team, providing teaching services of international standard and establishing an international teaching system that suits the Chinese skiing population“. During the past four winter seasons, foreign managers and instructors have been an important teaching force at the Academy.
We are now looking for the following positions:
International Ski Instructor
- Participate in all activities with customers in Thaiwoo Ski Resort, including non-operational activities;
- Complete skiing/snowboarding training tasks for customers and achieve the training hours required by Thaiwoo;
- Accept and comply with the management by managers and collaborate with other departments if required;
- Demonstrate to customers holistically the professionalism and authority of Thaiwoo international ski instructor team.
- College Degree or above; winter sports, education, physical education or other related majors preferred;
- International recognized Level 2 (or above) ski instructor certificate required, with actual teaching ability equivalent to the certificate;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a ski instructor of an internationally known ski resort, with rich skiing/snowboarding teaching experience;
- Confident, optimistic and self-motivated; excellent communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in spoken Chinese is preferred.
What We Offer:
- Industry-competitive wages based on an individual’s relevant qualifications and work experience.
- Reimbursement of international and domestic travel expenses at the standard set by Thaiwoo.
- Free staff accommodation and meals, ski pass and lift pass, major skiing/snowboarding equipment at the standard set by Thaiwoo.
- Accident insurance coverage in accordance with Thaiwoo’s insurance policies.
- Work in a nice and friendly environment at the largest ski resort in China.
- Chance to learn about Chinese culture, language and ski industry development.
- The snow season at Thaiwoo Ski Resort is normally from November – April.
- More details regarding compensation and related benefits described above will be provided upon application. Thaiwoo Ski Resort reserves the right to explain all the content in this “What We Offer” section at its sole discretion.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please send your full CV and cover letter to:
Welcome to be part of this leading snow sports family. Come and Join Thaiwoo!