Mt Seymour is a winter recreation area located in North Vancouver, we offer a variety of winter recreation activities including skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, lesson and interpretive programs.
We are currently recruiting for a full time seasonal Snow School Scheduling Supervisor to join our Snow School Department for the 2019-2020 Winter Season. Reporting to the Snow School Manager, the Scheduling Supervisor’s primary task is managing the instructors’ schedules and ensuring appropriate and fair workloads are divided equally among instructors.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Scheduling Supervisor must work closely with the Manager, Supervisor(s) and Coordinators to ensure that the on-hill product remains of the highest quality. The Scheduling Supervisor must work closely with the Lesson Registration Supervisor and the appropriate registrars to accurately and efficiently coordinate lesson bookings and instructor schedules.
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s mandate of ‘providing excellent service at the best value’.
- Compliance with all Mt Seymour policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- The Scheduling Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day schedules for instructing staff.
- Regularly checks on registration numbers and reviews staffing and program capacity to ensure there is no over-subscription.
- Creates and oversees the schedules for Snowsports instructors.
- Makes sure that schedules for all staff are completed and posted with due notice and in accordance with BC Employment standards. * Assists the Manager with hiring, onboarding and training instructors, and monitoring staffing levels.
- Works with appropriate registrars to maintain a system that coordinates all schools, camps and group bookings to ensure an accurate and complete schedule.
- Works with the Lesson Registration Supervisor and Coordinator to schedule single day lessons and ensure that there is appropriate instructor capacity for expected demand.
- Scheduling hub for all private lessons.
- Assists Instructor Supervisors as required with the distribution and organization of single-day lessons.
- The Scheduling Supervisor works with the other supervisors and coordinators to oversee delivery of lessons. Liaise with Manager to resolve any critical customer complaints.
- Helps implement policy and facilitate the achievement of department goals.
- Collaborates with the Manager and other department supervisors to develop and execute an instructor evaluation plan. Along with the Instructor Supervisors, this position is responsible for the successful execution of part-time evaluations.
- Maintains a working staff list for the entire department.
- Various administrative duties, including: managing instructor uniforms, start-up and end of season packages, managing booking files and calendars, ordering operating supplies.
- Assists with the planning of staff events.
- CSIA or CASI Level 1 or equivalent preferred but not essential.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Interest in the winter recreation industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Strong team leader, with the ability to keep instructors motivated and focused.
- Excellent guest service skills; previous customer service experience an asset.
- Proven experience with MS Office (particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Previous scheduling experience an asset.
- Own transport an asset but shuttle bus pass is provided.
Terms of Employment:
- Salaried Position Paid Bi-Weekly: 40hrs per week (overtime will be necessary during busy periods).
- Seasonal September/October to April.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and some evenings.
- Salary to be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
- Complimentary seasons pass and shuttle bus pass.
If working for Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume, covering letter and copy of your certifications to Helen Price, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com or complete the on-line application form