Title: Ski and Snowboard Instructor
Department: Snow School
Reports To: Instructor Supervisors & Snow School Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
Instructors are employed to teach guests to ski according to the standards of the Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance (CSIA) or the Canadian association of Snowboard Instructors (CASI) in a safe and fun environment. Instructors are expected to behave in a professional manner at all times as they are dressed in uniform and are role models for all guests and staff. Instructors are expected to be available to work weekends and holidays, these being our busiest periods.
- Compliance with all Mt Seymour policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Commitment to the Snow School Mission Statement and core values (Safety, Fun, and Learning)
- Teach skiing and snowboarding lessons according to the current CSIA and CASI standards.
- Setup and fitting of rental gear for lesson participants.
- Maintenance and installation of terrain park features and safety equipment.
- Providing support and leadership to visiting groups and schools in outdoor programs.
- Responsible for safety of each guest in the instructor’s care (Duty of Care).
- Be knowledgeable of and teach the variety of lessons that Mt Seymour offers.
- Assist with the organizing of ski and snowboard lessons (aid time).
- Be knowledgeable of and teach the Alpine Responsibility Code.
- Check in and out every shift.
- Log all class and student information accurately on Snow School class cards.
- Enter all hours worked accurately into the payroll system.
- Issue progress cards (multi-day) or business cards (single-day) for lessons when appropriate.
- To be knowledgeable of current equipment, technique and teaching methodology by attending regular instructor training.
- Be in constant communication with Supervisors, Lesson Desk, and co-workers.
- Other related duties as required (as related to other departments and aid time).
CSIA/CASI Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3
Excellent communication and guest services skills.
Personable and helpful.
Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
For Ski and snowboard Instructor positions we require applicants to possess a CSIA/CASI Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 certification or equivalent, together with some previous teaching experience.
Interested? please starter here