Part-time Assistant Adaptive Ski Instructor
ASC encourages & supports people with disabilities to experience the thrill of alpine skiing and snowboarding in Canterbury.
The role will include, but not be limited to
- Guiding & instructing members with a broad range of cognitive and physical disabilities, in accordance with the current NZSIA Adaptive techniques
- Driving to and from ski areas including fitting & using chains
- Administration activities on the ski areas
- Monitoring Health & Safety requirements
Based in Christchurch, the role commences early June, until mid-October, snow dependent. Attendance at annual post season awards & celebrations is encouraged.
Wednesday and Saturdays mandatory and Sundays could be requested.
Other midweek trips and ad-hoc requests for snow days may occur.
Three, four to six day residential ski camps take place at Methven and Southern Lakes Ski Areas.
Qualifications & experience
- Experienced in comfortably communicating with people with special needs
- Current NZSIA Adaptive Level 1
- Experience of all major South Island ski areas
- Current Class 1 Driver Licence and extensive ski area/shingle road driving experience
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A positive attitude, prepared to help in any situation
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org for the full job description.